A blog about a man who grew up during the console wars and lived to procreate.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The release date blues

I still get excited for the release of games or consoles that I want. Normal for sure, but when parental duties interrupt the flow of every activity in your life, you would think that I would learn that something like the release of the 3DS or the delivery of Portal 2 would not obtain the same non-stop gaming extravaganza that it used to. Sadly, it does not, and sadly I do not learn. My brother figured this out long before me and plays games from 5 years ago as if they are new (last I heard he is enjoying Bioshock...no not Bioshock 2). He spends $5 on new to him games, I spend $40+ and get to play them 5 years later.

Today I find myself with a 3DS that I can barely play since the doctors say my children can't look at the 3D screen or their eyes will roll back into their head. On the bright side though, Portal 2 is full of robots, and Gab loves robots! So today during lunch I snuck in my first 30 minutes of Portal 2. To my amazement, the moment I told Gab that there were robots, she was entranced. As soon as the robot left the screen, she started asking "Where robot go?" Good thing I played another 30 minutes tonight after she fell asleep since said robot got crushed. I wonder how she will react to the sentries.

No comments:

Post a Comment